Have you ever come home from a wonderful holiday to discover that you’ve been broken into? A burglary is just as bad at any time, but there’s something about the one that happened while you were away. Perhaps you asked yourself “Why didn’t the neighbours hear what was going on?” “Why didn’t I run the table lamps off the timer switches that I bought last month?”
About 60% of burglaries occur when there is nobody at home and so clearly this is something that we should take seriously.
Here's our holiday checklist for you:
1. Cancel the deliveries, Milk, papers etc
2. When cancelling your deliveries make sure you're not shouting about it!
3. Tell trusted neighbours and friends
4. Make your home look occupied by using timer switches for your lights.
5. Look away garden tools and DIY tools that could be used for a break in.
6. Lock all windows and doors
7. Going away for a long period of time? Consider shutters/security doors.
8. Check your home insurance hasn't run out!
9. Remove all valuables or store safely.
10 Enjoy your holiday!